Our ludologists are knowledgeable, multi-dimensional employees who strive to create a welcoming and fun environment for patrons. Employees must be courteous and upbeat while they recommend and teach games, provide excellent retail service, and maintain a clean, orderly environment.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Welcoming customers and completing retail transactions with an iPad-based POS system
- Learning games from the library and staying up-to-date on new games
- Recommending games to play and to buy for browsing patrons
- Teaching the rules, facilitating play, and answering questions about games
- Restocking shelves, displays, and refrigerators
- Maintaining cleanliness
- Opening and closing routines
Candidates should hold a high school diploma (or equivalent), be familiar with modern board gaming, and have great communication skills. Deep, extensive knowledge of games is not required, but a willingness to learn is required!
Fill out the brief job application and e-mail it along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org